This Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing is a nutrient-dense way to liven up any salad! It’s gluten free, low-carb, and vegan!
This Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing is sponsored by our friends at Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto and our mission possible.
We’ve got a few simple recipes like this Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing on CIK in our Back to Basics Series and this one may just be our favorite! This homemade dressing is packed with flavor, is endlessly creamy, and goes with so many things. Think of the flavor somewhere between a tahini dressing and caesar dressing. YUM!
We are so in love with nutritional yeast. Typically, we’re sprinkling it over avocado toast, salads, or even soups but this dressing is our new favorite way to use it. It’s perfect for making even the most simple salad ingredients feel a bit elevated.
We keep a jar on hand for easy salads during the week and it’s also a great dip for fresh-cut veggies.
A lot of the dressings out there that use nutritional yeast are oil free, and while that’s great, it’s not so great for the Keto diet where you really need those healthy fats. A good quality extra-virgin olive oil makes sure this dressing is not only silky smooth but also loaded with healthy fats.
Read the full post for all the details!
Ingredients in nutritional yeast salad dressing
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast – a bit cheesy, nutty, and all-around perfect – this is our go-to choice for nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup lemon juice – you can also use vinegar, like apple cider vinegar, instead of lemon juice but we like the lighter profile of the lemon
- 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup water – depending on how thin/creamy you like your dressing
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic – always fresh, never pre-minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make nutritional yeast dressing
Are you ready for this??
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
Aren’t one-step recipes the best?
Benefits of Nutritional Yeast / What is Nutritional Yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a flaky dietary supplement/ingredient with a cheesy flavor. It’s rich in vitamin B-12 and provides 8 grams of protein per serving. It’s great for vegans and vegetarians but even meat-eaters sometimes lack sufficient levels of b vitamins in their diet.
We add to it all sorts of things it’s so delicious!
Yield / Nutritional Infomation
This recipe yields about 2 cups of dressing with about 8 servings. So, that’s about 4 tablespoons per serving. There are 3 grams of net carbs in one serving of the dressing.
Nutritional Yeast Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a lidded container and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.