By Kelli Galpin
If you have ever tried discovering addiction treatment options, you know that the process can be overwhelming. Trying to understand whether an option is affordable or not can be enough to paralyze your next move. The Right Step Dallas-Fort Worth knows that it’s a lot to take in, so we do our best to remove the barrier of sorting through expenses while offering safe, affordable addiction treatment.
First of all, you’re not alone in your situation.
A lot of people struggle with addiction. You have no idea how not alone you are. According to SAMHSA’s 2016–2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, in Texas alone, nearly 1.4 million had a substance use disorder. That same report states that 1.3 million people needed treatment for their substance use disorder, but did not receive it. That’s a lot of people dealing with this disease and not getting help for it!
Undoubtedly, one of the factors for people not receiving treatment is the feeling that they are unable to pay for it. According to Financial Advisor, a Nielsen study shows that one-third of American households who make $50,000 to $100,000 a year are living paycheck to paycheck. That number increases to one-half for those making $49,000 or less. And hitting even closer to home, in 2019, the median income of the Dallas metro area is $53,515 per year. Meaning, more people than you may realize are trying to figure out how to keep their heads above water — nevermind paying for personalized, quality treatment as well.
So affordable drug rehab is, at best, not very likely, and at worst, nonexistent, right? No! That’s false.
It’s more affordable than you might think.
While it’s true that significant financial costs are often incurred to receive treatment, that’s not the case with The Right Step DFW. Help.org created a directory of top-rated, low-cost rehab facilities using an extensive list of criteria to filter establishments in different states. The treatment centers that made the list have the right combination of quality care and affordability. The Right Step is listed among these stringent considerations.
It’s important to us that you get the treatment that you need. The first thing we do upon admission is an assessment to help figure out what treatment options will work best for you and your situation. Not only does this ensure that you’re getting customized treatment, but it also helps to determine what programs may not be necessary for your recovery journey. Optimization of care keeps addiction treatment affordable without compromising quality.
How is treatment at The Right Step optimized?
Being able to find the kind of help that is specific to your needs is crucial to healing. Your unique situation is determined by multiple factors, including, but not limited to your particular issue or issues that need to be addressed, the depth of your addiction, and your lifestyle and schedule.
Depending on what you need — whether it’s your first time receiving addiction treatment, or you’ve relapsed — and what will best help you regain your life, we have several addiction treatment programs to guide you on your path to recovery. Finding the best program for you is cost-effective because you aren’t paying for the parts that don’t apply to you and your situation.
Treatment Programs at The Right Step
- Inpatient Treatment — This multidisciplinary program is for individuals who need to reset their lives completely. They need to get out of their current environment and into one that allows time and space to work through their addiction. Through 12-step recovery principles and medical and evidence-based models, it removes the equation of regular life stressors allowing a focus on making strides in their life towards healing.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) — Designed for those who need a structured setting, but don’t need the round-the-clock care that an inpatient program provides, this program allows patients to stay at home and attend treatment sessions several days a week and maintain frequent contact with doctors and therapists. This program provides the support individuals need to identify and manage triggers so they can carry on in sobriety and keep their recovery going.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) — Also called day-treatment programs, partial hospitalization offers a higher level of care than other outpatient programs, but is also less restrictive than inpatient treatment. Throughout your time in a PHP, you’ll be able to work or take care of your family while receiving a high level of medical and mental health support.
By assessing you and your needs we can help you find the best and most cost-effective treatment program for you.
Multidisciplinary treatment is cost-effective treatment.
Each of these integrative programs addresses the whole person, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Addiction rarely shows up by itself. It’s often a symptom of other mental health or emotional issues and it acts as a coping mechanism to deal with the pain of it all. The Right Step knows that these issues need to be addressed alongside the addiction if someone truly wants to get to the root of it. That’s why, no matter which treatment program you enter, a variety of therapy programs are available to you according to your needs, making affordable addiction treatment possible.
Therapy Programs at The Right Step
- Individual therapy — One-on-one psychotherapy helps you address unique issues, individual issues, and medication needs with a licensed clinician.
- Group therapy — Created to help you process behaviors or things you may be thinking or feeling, group therapy also helps you develop interpersonal and recovery skills as you learn to approach life in a healthy way.
- Chronic Relapse Track — This program helps you create a plan for relapse before it happens. By helping you to recognize triggers and obstacles along the way, you and your treatment team create a detailed aftercare plan to help you sustain your recovery long term.
- Family Focus — We know that as you recover from addiction, your family goes through their own recovery from its impact. When it’s clinically appropriate, we offer family therapy and support groups.
These and several other programs at The Right Step help you focus on the pieces of recovery that make sense for you. Customization makes your care cost-effective.
Other thoughts to consider as you think about affordable treatment.
Besides personalized treatment, you may be surprised by the kind of help you can receive from your insurance coverage. Many plans have coverage for addiction treatment. For example, the expansion of Medicaid through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes coverage of mental health and substance use disorders. The Right Step works with Medicaid as well as most major insurances, giving you the most cost-effective, quality treatment in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
For further support, it’s worth it to contact your employer’s HR representative. They want to help you. Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) often include some kind of assistance toward treatment programs. In fact, it’s beneficial for employers to offer this kind of support to their employees.
According to a study conducted by Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker, employer coverage for addiction treatment and overdoses increased to 2.6 billion in 2016, up from .3 billion only 12 years earlier. Society for Human Resources Management notes that it is more cost-effective for employers to assist its employees as they go through a treatment program because if they don’t, they risk tens of billions of dollars in lost productivity, absenteeism, and accidents in the workplace.
The Right Step can also set up a payment plan to ensure that treatment is accessible and not impossible. We are here to help you navigate finances as you look for the care you or your loved one needs.
You are worth the cost of treatment.
Shame-resilience researcher, Brene Brown once said, “Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together.”
As you seek help for addiction, remember that you are not alone in your thoughts, your fears, or the heaviness you may be feeling from it all. There are many people in the same boat as you, riding through a similar storm. The shame of addiction, the overwhelm of finding affordable addiction treatment, and the anticipation of turning your whole life around isn’t a burden you have to carry on your own.
We can help you get through this with the support of an entire team who is all for you and your recovery. Life-changing, affordable addiction treatment is possible. Your life is meaningful and worthy of recovery. Let us help you navigate the financial aspect of your treatment. Call us today to discuss your options at 844-768-1161.