Hey, I’m Annie. I’m 25 years old, happily married, and just had my third baby in under 4 years. As you can probably imagine, my body has gone through a lot over the last few years, and it was really showing. I usually wait until around 10 months postpartum to start losing the weight, but this time was different. I’ve been suffering from postpartum depression and anxiety, and I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror anymore without crying and being disgusted with how I looked. I realize that I’ve just grown 3 beautiful lives, but that doesn’t take away from my sadness. At 6 months postpartum, I finally decided that what I needed was to lose weight— not only would it help me physically, but most importantly, mentally.
I started doing some research on different diet methods to find what would fit my lifestyle best. I stumbled upon an ad for DoFasting, and everything started to go up from there. Before making my new lifestyle change, I had a problem with binge eating. I would eat when I felt overwhelmed, anxious, mad, sad… so, basically, I was eating a lot. Most of the time, I wasn’t even hungry. The hardest part of my journey was truly all mental-related. Training my mind that I didn’t need to go back for seconds and that I didn’t need a midnight snack. Once I got over those terrible sugar withdrawals, I was pretty solid. I learned how to successfully fast and eat healthily and then immediately started shedding that weight.
Every morning I would get on the scale and see I was a pound or so less than the day before, and that was my constant motivation. Whenever I started to feel like I needed to dig into some sweets, I would step back and think about the long run and how I didn’t really need the sugar— it was just a “want.” You learn to take things 1 day at a time and picture yourself a week, a month, or a year from today. I would feel defeated if I indulged a little bit one day and would gain a few pounds back and have to work extra hard just to get back to where I was.
I lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks from doing the DoFasting program, and I’ve genuinely never felt better. My mind feels more clear, I’m happier, more patient, less anxious. I just feel like I’m a better mom and wife when I’m a healthier person. I would recommend this program to everyone and anyone who is needing to lose any amount of weight.
Tips from Annie:
- Screw your head on tight and learn not to give in to temptations. The hardest part about fasting is convincing yourself to make the necessary changes. Once you’ve done that, it’ll only go up from there.
- Get yourself a large water bottle to help you stay on top of your water intake. I got a 32oz tumbler and knew my goal was to drink 3–4 of those by bedtime.
- Weigh yourself at the same time every day, and don’t weigh yourself more than once a day. It’ll become an obsessive habit.
- Eat foods with good proteins and fats that’ll stick to you longer.
- Use the DoFasting dietary supplements like their Cellulose & Glucomannan Fiber Complex Powder and Apple Cider Vinegar gummies— they help with those terrible hunger pangs.
You’ve got this, good luck!!!